Welcome to the chair of Digital Phonetics at IMS, University of Stuttgart. The group is headed by Prof. Dr. Ngoc Thang Vu since June 2018.
Areas of Research
We conduct research in the following research areas:
- Speech Understanding, e.g.
- Automatic speech recognition
- Interface between speech recognition and natural language understanding
- Representation learning for words, phrases and utterances
- Prosodic representations and prosody modeling
- Encoding of higher-level information in speech, e.g.
- Linguistics, e.g. Syntax, Information Structure
- Paralinguistics, e.g. Emotion
- Social and interactive aspects, e.g. Phonetic Convergence
- Human Machine Interaction Systems via Language, e.g.
- Spoken Dialogue Systems
- Question Answering Systems