Position Opening for Postdoctoral Researcher
Confidence Estimation for Biomedical Information Extraction
The research group of Theoretical Computational Linguistics at the Institute for Natural Language Processing at the University of Stuttgart has an opening for a researcher at postdoctoral level. The candidate will work with Roman Klinger.
The successful candidate will develop methods to estimate the plausibility of automatically extracted knowledge from biomedical scientific publications.
The candidate for the position should have one of the following qualifications:
- Ph.D in computer science, computational linguistics, artificial intelligence (or related areas) and interest in the life science domain.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics or biology (or related areas) and previous experience with semantic technologies, semantic computing, semantic web, or information extraction.
In addition, the candidate should be willing to contribute to writing grant applications and have advanced knowledge and practical experience in two of the following areas:
- Statistical methods or machine learning methods, especially probabilistic approaches
- Programming skills in both object-oriented and scripting languages
- Natural language processing
- Biological/medical/pharmacological processes
The following skills will be considered as a plus:
- Knowledge about biomedical and pharmacological processes
- Excellent communication skills and interest in interdisciplinary work
- Knowledge of probabilistic graphical models or artificial neural networks
- Experience in interdisciplinary research
The project is funded by the Ministry of Research and Art (MWK) of the state Baden-Württemberg in the context of the RiSC (High Risc Seed Capital) program. The position will be available for 1.5 years, starting as soon as possible, and open until filled. It can be extended subject to the availability of funding. All applications received until 1st of August 2016 will receive full consideration. The salary is according to the German university pay scale (TV-L 13, 100%) and amounts to at least 3400 EUR per month (pre-taxes, depending on previous experience), see this page for details.
To apply, please send a full CV and letter of motivation in one PDF document to Roman Klinger (firstname.lastname@example.org).